Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Running Dry .... Freak!

I dropped by Stockdale earlier and got a few energy drinks to keep me awake. However, opted not to gas up as the meter said half-tank full (or for some of you, half-empty). The odometer read 120-miles.

Lo and behold, as the meter started to read 207-miles the next gas station was to be a good 20-miles away. Oh-kay ... manageable but just barely.

Getting there earlier, man the warning light flashed yellow. I thought the Panoche location was on another exit and so went past it. So I stopped on the side of the road. No point of going further since its going to roll to a stop anyway. Stop now while ahead, right?

Darn, what a predicament.

With all the speeding hoping that cops would arrive to both arrest me and give me gas, I find out from the station attendant that they came by but barely. Oh great. No wonder turning on my hazard sign and doing a counterflow was survivable. This place be nowhere's-ville!

Note to self: when its half-tank, f* it and just keep 'er filled and keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment